"The act of faith which the parish of Mill Hill has made in the
building of this new church is a testimony to the truth that a church
is not only bricks and mortar, but also the people who believe and worship.
Your faith makes this church a place of prayer and a house fit for God."
- Cardinal George Basil Hume, OSB, September 1996.
To the Catholic Parish of the Sacred Heart and Mary Immaculate. It is
served by priests from the Congregation of the Mission (Vincentians), who
originally came to Mill Hill in 1889.
- The Blessings of the Christmas Season to all
parishioners, from the Vincentian Community at Sacred Heart, Mill
Hill. Our warm gratitude for all your Christmas greetings, good
wishes and gifts.
- Wednesday 24th - Christmas Eve - No morning
Mass. See below for details of the evening liturgies.
- Thursday 25th - Christmas Day - Masses at 09:00
and 11:00. No evening Mass
- Sunday 28th - Feast of the Holy
Family - Masses at the usual Sunday times.
For more information, see the news pages.
There is always a large attendance at all the Masses. Fire Safety and
Health & Safety regulations demand proper management of the Church and
Hall when in use. This is also important if there is to be a proper and
dignified celebration at our Christmas Liturgies.
Fr Kevin has appointed stewards to co-ordinate and direct people
during the service to enable us meet our legal obligations and ensure
the safety and comfort of all.
- Places will be allocated as you arrive.
- Once the Church is full the doors will be closed
and the overflow directed to seats in the Hall. There will be no
standing in the aisles or Narthex. These area are part of the exit
routes and must be kept clear at all times.
- Children participating in the Christmas Tableau as an angel or a
shepherd must be in the church before it closes and people are being
directed to the hall.
- Please note the times of the various celebrations and come well
- Places are not to be reserved for friends or family members who
are following later.
- Please do not use mobile phones for
conversations or texts whilst in the Church or Hall.
- All Services will be relayed by TV to the screen in the Hall.
- We ask that EVERYONE co-operate with instructions given.
- Family Mass at 5pm.
- Senior Parishioners' Vigil Mass at 7pm
- Carol Service at 9.30pm
- Mass of the Nativity at 10pm.
If you have any comments or suggestions about this web site, or if you
would like to contribute to it, please send an email to